Chocolate Fondue - 2 Delicious Recipes
Chocolate fondues have come in and out of fashion since the 70's and most people have tried it. But it's always nice to try something new and exciting- here we have 2 delicious dessert fondue recipes which your will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Dark chocolate has become the new fashion with the news confirming it as a "heart healthy" food.
Who can resist the temptation of a fondue of melted chocolate, dipping in strawberries, bananas and any other fruits? But you can be creative, dip in salty foods like potato chips and pretzels. Combining salty and sweet foods is delicious.
With dark chocolate now considered a "healthy option", it is now a good excuse to add chocolate fondue recipes to your recipe book. Try one of these chocolate fondue recipes and invite a few friends- it's sure to be an enjoyable get together.
Dark Chocolate Fondue:
350 g Dark Chocolate (chopped)
3/4 cup (190 ml) Whipped Cream
2 tsp (10 ml) coffee liqueur - Kahlua (optional)
1. Heat cream over a low heat until warm - DO NOT BOIL
2. Add the chopped dark chocolate slowly while stirring simultaneously
3. Stir until the mixture is smooth
4. Stir in liqueur
Strawberries, Sliced Apple, Bananas, Pineapple, Pound Cake, doughnuts, Angel Cake, Pretzel Sticks, Marshmallows, Potato Chips.
Mint Chocolate Fondue:
1/2 cup (125 ml) Heavy Cream
2 tsp (10 ml) Peppermint Liqueur
225 g Semisweet Chocolate
1. Put the heavy cream over medium low heat until warm
2. Add the Peppermint liqueur
3. Grate or break the chocolate into small pieces and add to mixture slowly while stirring simultaneously
4. Keep stirring until the chocolate is melted
Fresh fruit, glazed Fruit, peach pieces, pears, Pound Cake, Angel Food Cake.