250g mushrooms, sliced
3 or 4 leeks, sliced
4 medium potatoes, halved and thinly sliced (cooks faster that way)
2T Fresh parsley (or 1t dried if you don't have fresh)
Salt & pepper to taste
750ml (3c) chicken stock
500ml (2c) water
60ml (¼ c) cream – just enough to give the soup good colour and taste
- Wash and slice the mushrooms, leeks and potatoes.
- Put them a pot with the olive oil and sauté till the veggies have softened slightly.
- Add the chicken stock cube and about 1 – 1½ litres water (I use boiling water because it goes faster)
- Boil for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Liquidize the soup and then add the cream