Banana Smoothie Recipes



Quick Banana Smoothie Tips


Ice Cubes or Frozen Fruit?
A lot of smoothie recipes call for ice cubes. Personally, I'm not a fan of adding ice cubes to my smoothies. They are hard on your blender, and they change the smoothie's texture. Instead, I opt for frozen fruit. I buy fruit already frozen, but I also freeze fresh fruit. I love buying fresh bananas and freezing them - it's cheap and easy.
When I freeze bananas, I peel them and cut them in half. Then they go into freezer bags until I'm ready to use them.
That said, I will include a banana smoothie recipe here that calls for ice cubes just for those of you who love it that way!

Milk?
I usually use soy milk, but smoothies are also good with other kinds of milk. Try cow's milk, rice milk, almond milk, chocolate milk. The choices are countless, and I've used many of them myself.

Sweeteners
I find fruit pretty sweet on its own, so I rarely add sweeteners myself, but I know a lot of people like to sweeten their smoothies. My favorite addition to a banana smoothie is honey, but vanilla extract works well too. Adventurous? Try a bit of maple syrup!
If you use plain milk, it might be beneficial to use a sweetener. I tend to use vanilla soymilk, so when I go for another milk option, the smoothies are as sweet.

Recipes for One

You can easily double and triple these recipes to make bigger smoothie batches.

Basic Banana Smoothie


Ingredients:
  • 1.5 frozen bananas
  • 8 ounces milk

Directions:
Combine ingredients in blender. Blend everything until smooth. You may choose to add more milk to reach desired consistency. (I like mine thick and have been known to add more banana.)

Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie

This tasty smoothie gets a protein boost by adding peanut butter. Mmm: Peanut butter and bananas!

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 frozen banana
  • 8 ounces of milk (you might want to try almond milk)
  • 2 tbs. peanut butter

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in the blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth. You should see the smoothie mixing from bottom to top without any chunks.
Enjoy!

Chocolate Banana Smoothie


Ingredients:
  • 1.5 frozen bananas
  • 8 ounces chocolate milk (soy, rice, regular, etc.)

Directions:
Blend everything together until smoothie is smooth! Want to make it extra special? Throw in some peanut butter.

Ice Cube Banana Smoothie


Ingredients:
  • 1 fresh banana
  • 6 ounces of non-fat milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla or a dab of honey (for sweetness)
  • handful of ice cubes

Directions:
Break the banana into chunks and place in blender. Add vanilla/honey and icecubes. Pour milk over ingredients, and blend until smooth. If the conisistency is not thick enough, add a few more ice cubes until it reaches desired consistency.

Post a Comment

0 Comments